Here are 5 quick tips to develop a better ear for music.
1. Take lessons: Taking lessons from a qualified music instructor and/or Riyaz App can be the best way to develop a better ear for music. A music instructor can give you personalized tips and guidance as you learn, which can help you develop your ear for music faster than learning on your own.
2. Listen and sing along on Riyaz App: Listening to your favourite songs and singing along with them can help you develop a better ear for music. Try to pay attention to all the details of the songs you’re listening to and try to pick out the different instruments and sounds. The Riyaz app has 1M+ songs across genres and languages to listen to, sing along to, and learn.
3. Play an instrument: Learning to play an instrument can also be a great way to develop a better ear for music. As you learn to play an instrument, you’ll become more familiar with musical notes and timing, which can help you identify notes and rhythms in songs.
4. Study music theory: Learning the fundamentals of music theory can help you better understand how music works and how to identify different sounds and notes. The Riyaz app has many courses and lessons on Hindustani, Carnatic, and Western music.
5. Practice transcribing music: Transcribing music is the process of listening to a song and writing down the notes and lyrics. This can be a great way to hone your ear for music, as it forces you to really listen and pay.