A vocal tone is the quality of sound produced by the human voice and is determined by pitch, volume, and timbre. It is affected by the size and shape of the vocal cords, the amount of air passing through them, and the tension of the vocal muscles.
Finding your vocal tone can be an ongoing process of practice and exploration. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Listen to yourself: Take a few moments to record yourself singing or speaking and then listen back to it. Pay attention to the sound of your voice and the emotions that it conveys.
2. Experiment with pitch: Experiment with different pitches and see which one feels most natural to you. You can practice on the Riyaz app and get a sense of the accuracy of your pitching.
3. Practice vocal exercises: Spend some time practising vocal exercises and vocal warm-ups to help you develop your vocal tone. The Riyaz app has 1000s of such exercises in Hindustani, Carnatic, or western styles of music.
4. Seek feedback: Get feedback from friends and family on the sound of your voice and your vocal tone. This can help you get an outside perspective and make adjustments as needed.
5. Record yourself: Record yourself singing or speaking different pieces and listen back to them. This can help you gain insight into your vocal tone and make improvements.