Belting is a vocal technique used in musical theatre, pop, rock, and other genres in which the singer produces a loud, powerful sound by using the full capacity of their vocal range. It is especially used in songs that require a lot of energy and emotion. Belting is often used to emphasize a certain line or phrase in the song.
Here are the 6 suggestions to learn belting. You can track your progress on the Riyaz app.
1. Start by getting a vocal coach who specializes in belting. A good coach will be able to give you tips and exercises to help you build up your belt.
2. Practice your vocal warm-ups and scales in a variety of different styles, including belting.
3. Work on increasing your vocal range and power by using techniques such as chest voice, head voice, and mixed voice.
4. Choose songs that are in your range and practice belting them on a regular basis.
5. Record yourself while singing and listen back to hear how you sound. Listen for areas of improvement and make adjustments accordingly.
6. Make sure you are taking care of your voice through proper vocal warm-up and cool-down exercises as well as adequate rest.