Singing pitch accuracy is one of the most important aspects of singing because it helps to ensure that the music is performed correctly and in tune. It also helps to create a sense of cohesion and unity between the performers, which can help to create a better overall performance. Additionally, singing pitch accuracy can help to create a more pleasant listening experience for the audience.
Here are the 8 techniques to improve singing pitch accuracy.
1. Work on your breathing: Make sure you are breathing properly before singing; this will help you to maintain a steady pitch.
2. Practice your scales: Work on your scales and arpeggios to improve your accuracy and command of the notes.
3. Use a pitch pipe or tuner or Tanpura on Riyaz App: A pitch pipe or tuner or Tanpura on Riyaz App can help you determine the correct pitch for a note and help you to adjust your singing accordingly.
4. Learn to listen: Listen to yourself as you sing and try to hear if you are accurately hitting the notes. Alternatively, you could use the Riyaz app to “see” your pitching in real-time as you sing.
5. Record yourself: Recording yourself can help you to hear any discrepancies in pitch and make corrections. You can use the Riyaz app to record while singing as well as check your pitching accuracy at the end of the recording.
6. Use visualization on Riyaz App: Visualize the notes and the melody that you are singing in order to stay on-pitch. This visualisation on the Riyaz app is available in real-time as you sing.
7. Sing with a metronome: Singing with a metronome will help you to stay on time and in tune.
8. Take vocal lessons: Taking vocal lessons can provide you with the guidance and feedback you need in order to develop your singing pitch accuracy. Riyaz has 1000s of such vocal lessons / vocal exercises in Hindustani, Carnatic, and Western music.
Did you know?
The Riyaz app can track your pitching accuracy every time you sing. Download the app and try it out! – https://get.riyazapp.com/s40RrEILSvb